Guidelines for Volunteers
Thon Met African Peace Foundation, Inc. welcomes the efforts of our volunteers, which are crucial for our success. In order to ensure that the Foundation and our volunteers benefit the most from work performed for the Foundation, we ask you to observe the following guidelines:
- Please remember you are representing the Foundation and observe proper decorum at all times.
- When communicating with people outside the Foundation, please explain that you are a volunteer to avoid confusion over your role.
- It is important for the Foundation’s fundraising efforts to be coordinated. Please do not engage in fundraising unless you have discussed your plans first with an officer or a member of the Board of the Foundation.
- If anyone asks you to sign something on behalf of the Foundation, please explain that you are not authorized to do so, and give the document to an officer or member of the Board, who can review it and sign it if appropriate.
- Any public statements, marketing, advertising or similar communications made on behalf of the Foundation should be cleared by an officer or member of the Board first. Please do not publish anything using the Foundation’s name or logo without prior approval.
- For volunteers working on the Foundation’s website, please show proposed revisions or new pages to an officer or Board member before publishing.
- If you are interviewed by the media, please say that you are a volunteer and that your statements reflect your own opinions only and not necessarily those of the Foundation. If someone would like an official statement from the Foundation, please refer that person to an officer or Board member.
Agreement, Release and Signature
IN CONSIDERATION FOR BEING PERMITTED TO VOLUNTEER WITH THON MET AFRICAN PEACE
FOUNDATION, INC., I HEREBY AGREE TO FOLLOW THE FOREGOING GUIDELINES IN THE
COURSE OF MY VOLUNTEER WORK, AND I AGREE TO INDEMNITY THON MET AFRICAN PEACE
FOUNDATION, INC., AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, VOLUNTEERS, SUCCESSORS
AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS OR DEMANDS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER BY LAW OR IN EQUITY, WHICH MAY ARISE FROM MY
FAILURE TO OBSERVE THESE GUIDELINES.